Teen crash deaths: Harefield football teams to fall silent and Hayes to hold vigil

candles will be lit and a vigil held in memory of the boys who tragically lost their lives on Friday candles will be lit and a vigil held in memory of the boys who tragically lost their lives on Friday

Three teenage boys who died after a car collision on Friday night in Hayes will be remembered with various tributes planned by Hillingdon community groups.


Hayes will hold a vigil tomorrow night for George Wilkinson, 16, Harry Rice, 17, and Josh Kennedy, 16, who died after the crash along Shepiston Lane.

Harefield Football Club has announced a minute's silence at upcoming games for all teams from the first 11 to the under 7s, this coming weekend. Two of the boys used to play for the club's youth teams.

A fundraising page for a funeral for the three has also been set up. (see bottom for link).

Tributes continue to pour in for the teens, who reportedly were on their way to a birthday party, and who were pedestrians on the side of the road, when a black Audi collided with them.

Harefield United Chairman Gary South said: "Harefield United send their deepest condolences to the families of the boys. If there is anything at all we can do to help, please get in touch.

"All of our sides, from the first team to the Under 7s, will be holding a minute’s silence at our games home and away this coming weekend in Harry, Josh and George’s memory."

Hayes Town Centre Partnership chairman David Brough said it had been a “horrific” incident and announced a vigil in their memory will be held tomorrow at 8pm at the usual assembly point for 'Hayes in Solidarity' events - on the grassed area outside Botwell Catholic Church in Botwell Lane.

He said: “Please attend if you can to show support for the families and friends who have been devastated by this terrible accident.”

Members of Facebook interest groups for the Hillingdon area have pledged to light candles in windows and doorways as a show of sadness and support next Friday.

- The Met Police said today that Jaynesh Chudasama, 28 from Hayes, has been remanded in custody after appearing at Uxbridge Magistrates Court today in regards to three charges of causing death by dangerous driving. He will next appear at the Old Bailey on 26 February.

Last night, a 34-year-old man voluntarily attended a north London police station shortly after 7pm. He has now been arrested in connection with this incident and taken into custody for questioning.

A Go Fund Me page has been set up to raise money for the funerals HERE.

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Free email newsletter

Sign up for free email newsletters direct to your inbox


Find us on...




Go to top

This website uses 'cookies' to give you the best, most relevant experience. Using this website means you are Ok with this. Click close to accept and continue.